Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Flowers

I love spring.  Especially all the flowers and plants.  I even bought a small greenhouse this year so I could start buying plants early. There's just something about spring that compels me to get out and play in the dirt.

 Here's what it looked like a couple weeks ago. Since then I've added 5 Oleander plants, several cacti, a couple tomato plants. In the red pot is a giant elephant ear bulb I'm eagerly waiting to sprout.




                                         I even have lettuce, red leaf and green.

I have two strawberry plants that are blooming.



                                                                                     Snapdragons...







I've added a couple more since I took these pix and will have to share them later. 

And while I didn't buy this one, I really thought it was cool.



I saw this at a "home and ranch" store Saturday and really, really wanted it. I just knew if I brought it home something horrid would happen to it.


So, what's your favorite flowers?




1 comment:

JoJo said...

I can't grow anything myself...whatever is in the yard were planted by the people that lived here b/f me. I love most flowers though; lilac, carnations, mums, primroses, crocuses, lily of the valley, rhododedrons....