Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Motivational Monday

"If you’re going to be a writer, the first essential is just to write. Do not wait for an idea. Start writing something and the ideas will come. You have to turn the faucet on before the water starts to flow." 
 Louis L’Amour

I really like this.  Sometimes I do wait for ideas to come when I should be "doing" instead.  There are times when life gets in the way and sorta drys up the ideas but again, if we prime the pump, they do return.

Ideas are all around us.  We just have to open ourselves up to them, let 'em know we're listening and looking.

Plus it helps to leave out chocolate for the plot bunnies.:-)







3 comments:

Jacklyn Cornwell said...

I'm finding it is best to ignore the Muse when having difficulty writing and feeling as though every thought and original idea has dried up. She will come to investigate, see what you're writing, and may even throw in her 50 cents' worth. Chocolate helps with muses, too.

Nicole Pyles said...

And sometimes the water pump is going, and you just done see it! It took me weeks and three google searches later to realize that the company I was hoping did exist (and doesn't) would make a fantastic story. :)

Jean said...

J.M. - Ignoring does work well at times. Plot bunnies hate to be ignored.

Nicole - Cool on the idea. I love google searches for idea generation.

I was looking for a slang term last night on google and found a slang/terminology dictionary for bike racers that had some really interesting terms that definitely have idea potential.