Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Comma

Morning...

I don't know about you, but I have a horrendous time figuring out just where commas belong and where they don't.  So, when I found this on Twitter I knew I had to share.

First, Comma Usage 101. This is a nice basic article from Novel Publishing Group and doesn't make me feel stupid.

Here's part two. Comma Usage 201.  Again, this is easy to understand without making me feel stupid.  I mean, high school english was a LONG time ago. :-)

Here's another helpful article on commas.

I've got these in my favorites and plan to study them soon. 

What about you?  Do you abuse, ignore or overuse the comma?

Or, do you have issues with some other form of punctuation?  I love ellipsis... :-)

2 comments:

M.J. Fifield said...

I love the ellipsis too...

I think I abuse the comma but am taking steps to correct this issue. Thanks for the links. I'm sure they're come in useful.

Jacklyn Cornwell said...

Commas don't give me problems. I edit by reading aloud and can hear where the commas go. I have no problems with punctuation.

Now missing words give me a problem; that's because I type so quickly and my brain goes faster than my fingers, which means that my fingers fumble when they should soar over the keys.