Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

New Toy...

The other night we were killing time at Target and ended up in the electronic section where I found this.  After reading the box, I just had to have one.  I waited a couple days to see if the urge to splurge would wear off and nope, it didn't.  So, I gave in and bought one.

I'm so glad I did.  This is such a cool tool for a writer.  For example, taking notes at a conference while recording the session at the same time and having your notes linked to the audio. How cool would that be?  And what about interviews?  Or attending lectures? 

For those times you don't want to record the audio, you can still have your notes uploaded to your computer without having to retype them.   I haven't used all the features yet but I look forward to doing so.

There is an online tutorial to walk you through the learning process so it's not hard to figure out.

Also, there are quite a few apps you can download from the website for very little cost that makes the SmartPen even smarter.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I enjoy writing the old fashioned way with pen and paper. It just has a whole different feel about it and now with the Pulse Smart Pen, I don't have to type in all my scribbling.  I just upload it into the computer and go from there.

All in all...I'm impressed with this new gadget.  And no, no one paid me to say so.:-)

4 comments:

Lynn Andrade said...

That. Is. Awesome! :D

Cheryl said...

Wow! Cool gadget. I have a digital voice recorder that downloads to my PC via the USB port. This sounds neater, though much more expensive.

Cheryl

Jaleta Clegg said...

I tend to chew on my pens and fiddle with them until they fall apart. I don't think this one would work for me. Very expensive chew toy. LOL. If it works for you, great!

Cheryl said...

Wow! Cool gadget. I have a digital voice recorder that downloads to my PC via the USB port. This sounds neater, though much more expensive.

Cheryl