Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mad About... The Hunger Games

Okay, I'll admit I came late to The Hunger Games but once I got here, I settled in for a good long time.  In fact, my youngest daughter bought the book several months ago and after she read it, it laid around for a while where she left it. (in the living room) I didn't pay much attention to it and I don't know why I picked it up but I did, started reading and didn't stop except to fix dinner for hubby that  night.  I finished it about 2 in the morning and then laid awake pondering the characters, what could/would happen next and wishing I had the next book in my hands.

The next day, I headed to the store to pick up the next book in the series and much to my dismay, it was available in hardcover only.  Now, I don't know about you, but I hate paying hardcover prices for a book I'm not sure of.  I mean, how many sequels don't live up to the first?  This one did. :-)

I managed to get book 2 & 3 at the library and devoured them in two days.  Let's just say, nothing got done except the necessities.

Both books, Catching Fire and Mockingjay, lived up to the standards set in The Hunger Games.  I'll be getting a hardcover set to keep and reread soon. :-)

But, The Hunger Games had me do something I've never done before.  Seriously consider going to the midnight showing of the movie on opening day.  I didn't do the midnight movie but I did get there opening day.

I was totally pleased with the movie version.  There were a few deviations but they were live-withable. The actors did a great job portraying the characters. I'm not sure who my favorite is.  Woody Harrelson made a great Haymitch. And casting Donald Sutherland as President Snow...brilliant.

If you loved or even liked the books, I encourage you to see the movie.  I've got my toes crossed they make a second one.

May the odds ever be in your favor.  :-)


Hunger Games - Beanie Baby Version  My daughter found this the other day. I just had to add and share.  Enjoy!

No comments: