Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mad about...Nutella!

Okay, I admit it.  I've come to Nutella late in life but I'd seen it advertised as "healthy" and while I appreciate healthy things, I don't usually actively seek them out.  Even if they do have chocolate in 'em.  However, I'm here now and let's just say wow!

Nutella was created by a man named Pietro Ferrero, who was a pastry maker back in the 1940′s. Apparently, there was a shortage of cocoa due to the rationing of World War I, so this genius (evil mastermind)  used hazelnuts to add substance to the spread and to extend their chocolate supply.

Lately, breakfast has become Nutella on whole grain toast. It's warm and gooey and yummy and definitely not healthy. And while I'm happy to eat it straight from the jar, here's a link to some recipes that include Nutella.

 Nutella Recipes (5 pages of 'em)

 21 More Nutella Recipes ( I want to try the Nutella Mug Cake!!!)

Nutella Cheesecake (I have GOT to try this one!)

Six Pack of Murder (Not a recipe but goes great with Nutella.)

How do you like your Nutella?

And don't forget about our March Madness Giveaways.

No comments: