Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Poetry Anyone?

This past weekend my daughter and I headed over to the mall to look around.  It's a short trip now...about 7 or 8 minutes verses the hour and half it used to be. One of the benefits of city life.  :-)  In the middle of the walkway was a lady selling all sorts of calendars.  And, they were half off the full price.  Naturally I had to check them out.  And naturally, one came home with me.

It's a Magnetic Poetry calendar with about 200 little magnetic word pieces and a magnetic board to play on. Very cool and I've decided it's kinda fun too.  The word restrictions make for some interesting ideas and really get the brain thinking.

So...I think we all need to try some poetry.  It doesn't have to rhyme, no need for following any special form either.  Just share a poem with us...about any subject.  And no, it doesn't have to be perfect, this is just a creative exercise for fun. 

I'll share one of mine soon.  :-)

1 comment:

decay said...

These calendars are on sale at magneticpoetry.com for $6.95!