Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

G is for Good Friends...

Today I was reminded just how much good friends are worth.  I spent the morning in the Emergency Room being that good friend to a good friend.  Which is why this post is late and the topic has changed.  So, to all those good friends, here's a big THANKS!

To my writerly friends,  Mary Rosenblum, Deborah LeBlanc, CJ Lyons, Judy, Evelyn, Gay, Lynn, Roe, Kassie, Sandra, Wolfie, Elfie, Gala, and all the many others too numerous to mention...THANKS!  For your support, your critiques, brainstorming, the freedom to be myself and all the good times we've shared.  Know that y'all are a very important part of any writing success that I have had or will have.

Sassy...we've gone to conferences together, brainstormed and shared.  Know that you'll always be one of the special friends I've made through writing. 

Autumn - I'll never forget New Orleans.  The memories we made at the Pen to Press conference will never be forgotten.
To my non-writerly friends...

Kym & James - We've been friends for a long time and though we don't live close by now, I still consider y'all some of the most special friends.  Y'all were there before kids, at the birth of our first and second, and through the hard times when we went through the cancer treatments with Tinker and when she was called home.  I always knew if I needed anything, you were there.  I hope you realize the same thing goes for you...need something, don't hesitate to call.

Sherrie & Vicki - Thanks for being there while we were at Bethlehem.  I'll always remember your kindness.

Miss Betty -  You're very special to me, especially cause of your love for my girls.  I miss seeing you each week.

Ladies of Parkway - I haven't know y'all long, but already y'all are special to me.  Rebecca, I admire your strength.  Deborah, I applaud your servant's heart.  Elaine, you amaze me with your inner strength, your caring, calm nature and how you share your faith even going through tough times.  Sue, Phyllis, Mary, Brandy, Bobbie, Sharon, Geri, Angela, and all those names I can't remember, your friendship means a lot to me. I look forward to getting to know y'all better. Julia, I think of you as the sister I never had.

And to the best friend of all...my husband.  I know he won't read this, but I'd not trade him for any other.  Not only is is a great father and husband but he totally supports me in whatever I attempt.  He cheers for me, consoles me when I fail, and celebrates with me when I succeed.  Plus he knows that chocolate is always on the list of things to pick up at the store. :-)

So today, I encourage each of you, take the time to let your friends know just how much you appreciate them.

4 comments:

Spanj said...

What true sentiments! It's always the little things that make good friends the best friends.
My husband is also my best friend; he may never buy me flowers, but he's always bringing chocolate home!

V.R. Leavitt said...

Great post! Happy G day!

Martha said...

I was just stopping in and following from the A-Z Challenge. I sure hope you are ok!

Anonymous said...

In every beginning think of the end.