Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tree People

This morning I woke to the sound of chainsaws outside my bedroom window. Not the most pleasant of sounds first thing in the morning, either. 

Thing is, we've been expecting the tree people ever since last Thursday.  The tree people are coming, the tree people are coming.

Which leads me to ask, just what do tree people look like?  Did they have leaves for hair? Did their skin resemble bark? Were they similar to squirrels? Did they live in the highest branches so we couldn't see them only coming down at night?

I have to admit, I'm kinda disappointed.  These tree people wear old blue jeans, tattered t-shirts and ballcaps and wield chainsaws.

My imagined tree people are much more interesting. Is that a plot bunny over there?  Yes, I believe it is.

2 comments:

Spanj said...

Yes, what a sad let down. Although they really should have been wearing chainsaw trousers rather than jeans.

Jeanie said...

Hopefully yours didn't have their butts hanging out the back like mine did. sighs....