Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

B is for.... Bat Plants!

That's right...Bat Plants. 

Not long ago, Mom and I were out shopping and stopped by a nursery and looked around.  This is one of the plants we found.  It's officially a "Bat Faced Cuphea" but we just thought it was cute as could be.  Naturally, I brought one home.

Hummingbirds are supposed to love it though I don't know since I haven't seen any hummingbirds this spring.  Still, it's a nice addition to my flower collection.

Got a favorite flower? 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The first hummer arrived at our place on March 29th this year. Got the feeders up and have had more sightings since.
My favorite plant is rosemary. It has tiny blue flowers in Jan & Feb when you really need to see a flower. I have lots of it growing in several places.

soggy in the corner said...

Never heard of a bat plant! Looks interesting!

Liz Brownlee said...

Lovely - I've never heard of it either! But very pleased to find someone else who has blogged about bats! in my case, the real thing...

Liz Brownlee said...

Oooh, just realised it's given you my shared blog identity, instead of my A-Z blog, which is on Wordpress...

That's http://www.lizbrownleepoet.com

Debbie Henthorn said...

I saw a picture of this the other day, but it was so close up, I thought it was a critter! Last year, we counted at least 11 hummers - I know they are due to start arriving any day now. We don't even keep flowers because I'm so lame!

Stopping by on the A to Z Challenge from Debbie & Harry's Kitchen.

Gerard Walker said...

Thanks forr this blog post