Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Q is for...Quotes

I love quotes.  At least some anyway.  I have my favorite writerly quotes such as...

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."  ~ Anton Chekhov

and,

"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter - it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning".  ~Mark Twain

and, 

"A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author."  ~G.K. Chesterton

And I have a couple favorite day to day quotes such as...

“Well-behaved women seldom make history.” ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich,

and,

"Nothing is to be feared but fear itself". ~ Francis Bacon (That's right, he said it long time before FDR.)

and, 

“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ”  ~ Mary Anne Radmacher
 
What about you, got any favorite quotes you'd like to share with us? 

1 comment:

Britney Gulbrandsen said...

I love quotes!

I posted some of my favorite inspirational quotes on my blog for my "Q" post as well!